We all having something we’re afraid of. Sometimes our fears are small and easy to overcome, and other times our fears become our limits. Fear is a completely natural part of life; it has the potential to make us stronger. However, it can only be helpful to us if we overcome it.
I recently read a wonderful article by the Huffington Postwhich provided readers with 5 tips for overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt. The 5 tips described in the article were
- Don’t pick goals where the stakes are low: If you are sure to do things within your comfort zone, you are not taking any risks. This prevents you from ever trying anything new.
- Nobody is rooting for you to fail: Nobody is going to care if you succeed or fail. You should chase your dreams without worrying what anyone else thinks about it.
- Just because you don’t like where you have to start from doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get started: Wishing you were better at something won’t get you anywhere. If you’re not the best at something, the only way for you to get better at it is to practice it.
- Stop making uncertain things certain: Don’t act like failure is certain. It’s not.
- The only real failure is not taking any action in the first place: We cannot let fear dictate our actions. You can enjoy a lot of success by doing the things that most people make excuses to avoid.
This article really has some great advice on how to deal with fear. Whether you’re afraid of going to the gym, applying for a job, or traveling far away, it is important that you remember the advice mentioned in this article.
Remember, when it comes to FEAR, you can either Forget Everything And Run, or Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours.
|Stay motivated and don’t give up. Amazing things will happen|