Will You Continue Post Ironman?

ironmanToday I completed the Indoor Ironman, here on campus.  As it came to an end I thought to myself, will I continue to push myself as much as I did this past month?  Will you?  Then I thought, why wouldn’t I.  This past month I had never been so dedicated to my fitness and health.  I don’t know if it was the Ironman or with spring break, but either way I have noticed so many changes in myself just in this past month by being determined to complete this Ironman.

So my answer to you is yes.  I will continue to hit the gym post Ironman and be focused on my fitness.  Again, will you?  To tell you the truth, going into my first Indoor Ironman I was nervous.  I thought to myself, could I really do this?  Could I push myself to complete 26 miles of running, 112 miles of biking, and how could we forget the 2-mile swim?  I ultimately did this Indoor Ironman to prove to myself, yes Karlee you can complete all this.  As the first couple of days went by the self-doubt came in and out.  Half way through the realization popped into my mind that I can do this and I will complete this.

I have notice a happier me.  Going to the gym daily and getting a full workout and knowing I’m completing my goal could not be more fulfilling.  If this “simple” task has brought me this much happiness, why wouldn’t I continue to do it.  A happier me equals a healthier me.  Being happy is a big part of your overall health.  Why would you ever stop something that makes you happy?  Why would you ever stop something that makes you healthier?

Endless to say I will continue to push myself at the gym like I have this past month.  It may not to be for a free t-shirt anymore, but it will be for a better me.  I encourage all of you to also push yourself like you have this past semester, because I know it has to make you feel good on the inside and outside.

Congratulations to all who completed the 10th annual Indoor Ironman!  If this year wasn’t your year, continue to work hard and find that inner strength for next year because you can do it!

I hope you learn. I hope you laugh. I hope you never stop. And remember being fit is always in style.

-Karlee Fowler