How to Boost your Social Game (online that is)

Tired of posting and seeing no response?

It isn’t uncommon for brands and businesses to struggle to get their social media off and running. In fact, it’s a lot harder than most people think. Gaining attention isn’t about posting and turning off your phone for the day. Instead, try to follow a few of these steps.

Step #1: See what’s trending

If you want to get noticed, try to find something that seems to be circulating the internet like crazy. This could be a dance challenge, a hashtag, a meme, anything! You could even do this by finding out what your target audience is spending the most time searching. If you see that your followers are liking and commenting on Instagram Reels, then go there and find out what they like most. Then, create your own version to share with the world.

Step #2: Interact with your followers

Nothing is more exciting then when your comment gets liked by a brand, celebrity, or influencer you follow. A lot of people who are active on social media think that it’s not even worth leaving a comment because the person who posted is too busy or famous to see it. If you start to monitor your socials and like comments, reply, or even give them a shoutout, you will surprise yourself with how many people will start to do the same to your brand.

Step #3: Be yourself

Brands who aren’t afraid to show who they are and be real with their audience are ones that will soar. Generic messages and ads aren’t what is going to grab the attention of your viewers and make them want to share your post. Have a good mix of content that is personal, funny, and shed a positive light on your company. Yes, ads are important but other content is just as important too.

Try it out!

Let me know if you try any of these techniques or what ones that you found to be the most beneficial with your brand – professional or personal!

2 Comments

• Reynaldo Mayans

Hi Anna,
    I like your ideas and the message you share with us they make sense. I am sure that you notice that I am myself went I make comments as you can tell by my writing. I not sure how much I will use your great ideas so far you are the only one that has comment on my Blog thank you. But your one comment is worth a million. Keep the ideas coming because I will using them for sure in my business. Great job.

• Brianna Olstad

Hi Anna!

These are great steps to increase engagement on a website. Like you said, gaining social media interaction requires more than just posting and turning off your phone. Younger generations, especially, are always finding what’s the “new” on social media. Businesses must remember that media platforms are ever-changing, and so are its users. I use your last step in my blog! I try to send my messages in a tone that I would normally speak. I believe this is a great way to create more personable and relatable content for my viewers.

Thank you for sharing!