All I can say is YUM. I found these bad boys on Pinterest and have been craving them ever since. I didn’t realize one could crave something they had never tasted before, but alas. Crazier things have happened!
These cheesy potatoes (made in foil packets) can be baked in the oven or the grill. The best part is, there’s basically no clean up in the end! If you want to make it a meal, simply add hamburger, chicken, or sausage and you’re set.
Foil Packet Cheesy Potatoes
- 4 medium Russet or Idaho potatoes (make as many potatoes for as many people as you have) – this recipe is written according to 4 people
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
How you prepare it:
- Prepare 12″ x 10″ aluminum foil sheets for however many people you’re cooking for. Peel and dice the potatoes, but keep each diced potato separate. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees if cooking this way.
- Place each diced potato on their own sheet. Add the onion, butter, olive oil, and pepper on top. Fold up the foil tightly, but leaving enough room for the steam to escape.
- Place on a large baking sheet and stick in the oven if cooking that way. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. The potatoes are officially done when they are soft. Once the potatoes are done, sprinkle shredded cheese and stick them back in the oven to melt the cheese, if desired.
- If cooking on the grill, get the grill to medium heat. Place foil packets on the grill, and cook for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for 10 more minutes. If the potatoes are done, top with cheese and close to melt it.
Whether you want a quick and easy side dish, or want to make it a full out dinner, this recipe is sure to make the perfect summer food on the grill! Throw in some cobs of corn and chicken and you have a meal fit for a king.