Food, Potatoes, Recipes, Tater Talk

The Most Genius Potato Idea Ever – Taco Potatoes

Just when I thought life couldn’t get any cooler, it did. One night, I was scrolling through Pinterest like usual. It was then that I stumbled upon this recipe, and I knew that all was right in the world. While I will admit that I have not personally made this recipe, I do intend to very soon (and then will update you on the results!).

This recipe happens to combine my two favorite loves: tacos and potatoes! What better way to honor them than to put them altogether in one?

Special shout out to life-in-the-lofthouse.com for this amazing creation!!

Taco Potatoes

You’ll need:

• Russet potatoes – use your best judgement on however many you can eat
  • 1 pound of ground beef
  • 1 (1 oz.) packet of taco seasoning
  • Any other toppings you like on your tacos:
    • lettuce
    • cheese
    • salsa
    • guacamole
    • sour cream

How you make them:

1. Bake the potatoes however you wish. Personally, I feel that it can be easier to cook them in a microwave by poking holes in them and selecting the potato button (real difficult, right?) However, the original creator suggests preheating the oven to 400 degrees, poking holes in them, and wrapping foil around them. Bake the potatoes for an hour and set them aside to cool down.
  2. In a large skillet, brown the separate the ground beef on medium heat. Add taco seasoning to the meat and any amount of water necessary (this is usually outlined on the packaging for you). Reduce heat and cook until the water soaks in.
  3. Remove the foil from the potatoes and cut a slit on the top to open them up (like you would to make a loaded baked potato). Fill each with meat and your favorite toppings to enjoy!

I am personally STOKED to try these bad boys out this weekend. Who knew life could be so amazing after all?