Lately, I’ve been attempting to eat healthier than I have been. This has proved to be harder than I anticipated. Vegetables cannot compare to fries, chicken nuggets, and burgers. My willpower isn’t very strong, either. I’m trying, though! While I cannot kick potatoes, I can add them to something healthy and make my stomach happy while doing it.
One night, I was perusing my fridge for something delicious when I noticed that the red potatoes in my fridge were getting toward the end of their lives. In an attempt to be healthy, I decided that I would prepare a Green Giant Steamers bag and add potatoes to it! I honestly thought I was the craftiest person in the world, even if Green Giant makes a Steamers bag very similar to this one with potatoes.
ANYWAYS, I bring to you my made up meal:
Green Giant Steamers with a Twist (Potatoes)
- One bag of Green Giant Steamers with Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, and Cheese Sauce
- Approx four medium sized red potatoes (add more to the pot if you want another meal with potatoes the next day)
- An appetite
How to make it: (Bear with me, it’s super complex)
- Take your red potatoes, toss them in a pot of boiling water on the stove, and cook them for approximately 15 minutes.
- Halfway through the cooking of your potatoes, toss the Steamers bag into the microwave and cook it based upon the instructions on the back. I believe it takes about 5 to 6 minutes.
- After the potatoes are easily forked, drain the water and dice up the potatoes.
- Open the Steamers bag, throw it in a bowl, and toss in the diced potatoes. Stir and enjoy!
Complex, right? Told you so.