Uncategorized

Green Giant Steamers with a Twist (Potatoes)

Lately, I’ve been attempting to eat healthier than I have been. This has proved to be harder than I anticipated. Vegetables cannot compare to fries, chicken nuggets, and burgers. My willpower isn’t very strong, either. I’m trying, though! While I cannot kick potatoes, I can add them to something healthy and make my stomach happy while doing it.

One night, I was perusing my fridge for something delicious when I noticed that the red potatoes in my fridge were getting toward the end of their lives. In an attempt to be healthy, I decided that I would prepare a Green Giant Steamers bag and add potatoes to it! I honestly thought I was the craftiest person in the world, even if Green Giant makes a Steamers bag very similar to this one with potatoes.

ANYWAYS, I bring to you my made up meal:

Image result for green giant veggies

You’ll need:

• One bag of Green Giant Steamers with Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, and Cheese Sauce
  • Approx four medium sized red potatoes (add more to the pot if you want another meal with potatoes the next day)
  • An appetite

How to make it: (Bear with me, it’s super complex)

1. Take your red potatoes, toss them in a pot of boiling water on the stove, and cook them for approximately 15 minutes.
  2. Halfway through the cooking of your potatoes, toss the Steamers bag into the microwave and cook it based upon the instructions on the back. I believe it takes about 5 to 6 minutes.
  3. After the potatoes are easily forked, drain the water and dice up the potatoes.
  4. Open the Steamers bag, throw it in a bowl, and toss in the diced potatoes. Stir and enjoy!

Complex, right? Told you so.