Food, Potatoes, Recipes, Tater Talk

Deliciousness in a Bowl: Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I’ve come to this blog today to share with you an oldie but a goodie. I found this recipe and fell in love with it after making it, as you do when it comes to anything potato related.

Growing up, my family ate most meals with some sort of potato to accompany it. Meat and mashed potatoes were our go-to, along with french fries, hashbrowns, and red potatoes to go along with everything else. Every once in awhile, I would volunteer to help make dinner. One random night, this help came in the form of the most delicious mashed potatoes (found on Pinterest, weird).

As to be expected, half of my Pinterest board is potato recipes. What can I say? I love potatoes! (This has become incredibly apparent by the fact that I have an entire blog about spuds). I have no shame.

Anyway, I tried this recipe on for size and the rest is history. I bring this to you today thanks to my sister (Hi Coley) after she made them once again for dinner. My mom suggested I share this with you all (Hi mom), so you can personally thank her when these turn out to be as good as I say. Special thanks to deliciousasitlooks.com for coming up with this greatness.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes (with the skins in them!)

You’ll need:

• 1 1/2 pounds of red potatoes, quartered (about 8 red potatoes for those who don’t have a food scale in their house)
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream (maybe a little less unless especially like the taste)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup of salted butter

What you’ll need to do:

1. Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and leave to cook for about 15-20 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, place the garlic powder, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a bowl, preferably in an electric mixer. If you do not have one, just mix and mash by hand.
  3. Once the potatoes are easily pierced (not piercing their ears but piercing with a fork), remove from heat and drain. Throw (gently) together with the other ingredients and mix on medium until smooth. Mash by hand until smooth if not using a mixer.

Voila! Potatoes with the skins sure to impress anyone – except potato haters maybe, but we don’t acknowledge those people here. Enjoy!