Chocolate chocolate and more chocolate!! Who doesn’t love oreos?! This snack is perfect to put out as appetizers for a party or just for fun to have!! Ingredients 1 package Oreos (14-19 ounce is fine) 1 brick cream cheese, softened (8 ounces) 1 package …
If you are the type of person that needs to have the satisfaction of a crunch when you’re eating, but you need to eat healthier- ants on a log are perfect for you! The crunchy satisfaction is perfect and you get the sweetness of the chocolate chips.
1 Chocolate Chips
1 Peanut butter
PESTO TOMATOES AND CHEESE OH MY
This splurge of a recipe will not fail, ever. This combo of a dip is just enough to cure your craving for salt. Eat it with bread, pretzels, pita chips, or even just a fork!
- 4 oz Goat cheese
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 6 oz Basil pesto
- 6 oz Sun dried tomato spread
Mix cream cheese and goat cheese together.
Use a small bowl or pan as a mold for your cheese spread.
Line the mold with plastic wrap.
Layer the ingredients beginning with the cheese (the layer should be about 1/2″ thick).
Then a layer of basil pesto.
A second layer of cheese.
A layer of sun dried tomato spread.
A final layer of cheese.
Wrap mold in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve unwrap the mold and turn it upside down on the plate it will be served on. Pull down on the plastic wrap lining the mold to help pull the cheese free of the mold.
Using a butter knife or spatula scrape the sides and top of the cheese spread to clean off any excess oil or pesto.
Serve with crackers or bread.
This snack is delicious AND healthy. It is made for one and takes less than 5 minutes to mix up- It’s naturally gluten-free, vegan, chock full of protein and comes with a tested paleo and grain-free option!
- 1 small-medium overripe banana, mashed
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice (I tried a paleo blend, a vegan blend and a casein blend)*
- 1-2 T granulated sweetener of choice**
- 1 T oat flour (sub for coconut flour for paleo option)
- 1 T gluten free cake flour (omit for paleo version)
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 T nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
- 1 T pure maple syrup (can sub for another sticky sweetener)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dairy free milk***
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine your mashed banana with the protein powder, flours, granulated sweetener of choice, sea salt, sprinkles and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with maple syrup until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and pour into the dry mixture and mix well until fully combined. If batter is still too crumbly, using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk until a very firm batter is formed. If batter is too thin, add a dash more flour.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with more sprinkles and enjoy!
- * Protein powder is optional but if you do omit, add an extra tablespoon or two of flour.
- ** I didn’t use any sweetener as my protein powder was sweetened and my banana was sweet enough.
- If you freeze the recipe, it’s best to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.