Let’s meet Maurice an RA on 1st floor of Fricker Hall. This is Maurice’s 4th semester as an RA, and he is a Supply Chain Operations Management major.

12373253_10208287616208658_2595376414895899322_n

Favorite Sport: Basketball (preferably NBA)

Favorite Sports team: Cleveland Cavaliers (Lebron James)

Favorite Band: If possible, I would count Kanye West as a band or my favorite artist ha!

Favorite Dining Hall: Drumlin Hall by a long shot!

Dream job: My dream job would be helping people live their dreams, not the materialistic ones, the ones that would make them emotionally and mentally fulfilled

What I see myself doing in five years: In five years I see myself working in my field. I would love to also be setting up my future plans to make a community based program to help inner city youth as I had been helped, through scholarships and personal advice.

Favorite Quote: “Would you believe in what you believe in, if you were the only one who believed it?”

Why did you become an RA?: I became a RA because I wanted to make a positive impact on first year students because my first year experience was tough.

What is your favorite thing about being an RA?: Being able to help others as well as be able to give back. I also like being a leader in the halls and making a difference in the lives of my residents.

What else are you involved in?: I am involved in APICS, the supply chain organization.

Piece of advice for other RA’s: Be the Resident Assistant you would want your RA to be. So if I want that super outgoing and always there type RA, I got to set that standard for me the best way I can.

Best story so far: I would have to say easily, chasing down people who would take my super awesome floor decorations. For the past two years I have always dealt with this issue. The floor decorations would always be a topic on the floor and if gone someone would take them and put them in their room even if from another dorm. I don’t mind it because I believe art should be free but it shouldn’t be stolen. So, I hope they begin to ask for em.

Any extra Reslife Involvement?: I am also a clerical for Clem, Bigelow and Benson

Anything else?: I thank you for giving me the opportunity to express myself and tell anyone reading this, a few more things about me. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it and it goes to show that I am doing my job well if this is something I can look forward to seeing on the website. I also want to shout out my Hall (Arey/Fricker/Lee) and anyone I have worked with or look forward to working with. Thank you!