Let’s meet RA Shelby from Cambridge. This is Shelby’s 2nd semester as an RA. She is a Public Relations with an individually designed minor in student affairs.
 image1

Favorite Sport: Football & Drum Corps (because it is a sport)
Favorite Sports team: San Francisco 49ers
Favorite Band: The Maine
Favorite Dining Hall: Ike Schaefer
Dream job: Leadership adviser at any University
What I see myself doing in five years:Hopefully in my first year as a student affairs professional
Favorite Quote: Those who leave a trail of glitter are never forgotten
Why did you become an RA?: I became an RA because I wanted to be a resource for my peers and I wanted to support their growth and development though their college experience.
What is your favorite thing about being an RA?: the connections I have made with my staff and my residents.
What else are you involved in?: I am a Campus Programming intern in C&LD. I also participate in Color Guard, Homecoming Steering Committee, LEAP and LIT
Piece of advice for other RA’s: Honestly, have fun and take every opportunity you get to grow as an individual.
Best story so far: I had residents lock themselves INSIDE their apartment at 1:00 in the morning. That is one scenario they don’t cover in training so I called another RA to help me and we ended up calling campus police who also did not have a solution for us. We spent about 2 hours trying to get the residents out until our ACC called the building manager and he came and got them out in 10 minutes.
Any extra Reslife Involvement?: I serve on ARA so that’s pretty cool.