Katelyn is the Fischer 1st floor RA. She is a third semester RA with a Public Relations major.
 222418_162770187197811_253154693_n
Favorite Sport: Volleyball and I enjoy watching snowboarding
Favorite sports team: Brewers and Packers
Favorite Band/Singer: Carrie Underwood
Favorite Dining Hall: Erberts and Gerberts
Dream Job: I have always wanted to run a ranch out west, and I think that no matter what happens there will always be apart of me that would want to do that.
What I see myself doing in five years: I would like to keep working at the university level.
Favorite Quote: “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”- Mother Teresa
Why did you become an RA? I wanted to be an RA since I was in high school. Once I came to college and realized the influence that my RA’s had on me my freshman year, I definitely wanted to be an RA and have that positive influence of my residence as well.
What is your favorite thing about being an RA? I love getting to know new people!
What else are you involved in? I work at the Financial Aid office.
Piece of advice for other RA’s: Don’t be afraid of asking for help
Best Story so far: It was my birthday week and my residents surprised me one night giving me 12 cupcakes and a hand made card just saying that they are so happy I am their RA. They got the whole floor to sign the card. It was super touching.
Any extra Reslife Involvement: Conferences: GLACURH (2013, 2014), WURHA (2014), NACURH (2014), WHIL (2014), NRHH eboard member (communication coordinator), ARA representive for Tutt/ Fischer, Summer Assistant (2013), Senior Summer Assistant (2014)
Floor Theme: Game of Thrones
Thank you, Katelyn! You are an inspiration!