Balancing multiple responsibilities at once can be overwhelming and stressful. Here are a few ways to help make it a little bit easier!
- Prioritize your work/responsibility
- Complete the tasks that are most crucial to finish first. If it is the longest, shortest, requires the least effort, or is the most difficult, get it done. It will be so relieving knowing that it is done, and you do not have to worry about it any longer. The longer that you put off important responsibilities, the more difficult it will become to accomplish them, and they may not turn out how you had hoped. Create a list of tasks to be completed for the week from most important to least important, and check them off as you complete them.
- Time limits
- Giving yourself a time limit on individual tasks can lead to more productivity and efficiency. If you are spending too much time on one obligation, then you will not get as much done, which will lead to procrastination with other responsibilities. Try to complete larger projects in smaller components over a couple of days rather than all at once. Doing this will ensure that you accomplish more than one goal for the day, which keeps you productive and less stressed. Don’t waste time!
- Do not try to perfect every task
- It is important to try your best at everything that you do, but it doesn’t always have to be perfect. It will most likely never be “perfect,” and if that is what you’re aiming for, it is going to be more challenging to complete. If you are putting too much effort into reaching perfection on each project or responsibility, you are going to get worn out and will not perform as well on other tasks. Put in your best effort, and if it does not come out perfect, that is okay!