What’s Happening with the Lockout?

Many fans, including me are worried about the current lockout with Major League Baseball. Spring training was supposed to start this past week but with the lockout situation it is currently being postponed. It is not looking too good for the MLB season to begin in March like it is supposed to. There have been other MLB lockouts and strikes in the past which have cancelled a numerous amount of games, but those all happened before the 2000s. The USA Today has an article that provides all the relevant information about what is going on with the lockout and if the season looks promising or not. As of right now it is hard to tell if there is any hope for spring training to even begin. The people behind the lockout are very quiet and do not deliver much insight into what is going on behind the scenes. If the season does not begin soon many fans are going to be disappointed, because baseball is such a big sport for the spring, summer, and early fall months. I know that I will be trying to find other things to do because I spend a majority of my time going to these games and watching them from home. It is a bit frustrating not knowing what the future of this baseball season. Us baseball fans can just hope that the lockout situation will soon be resolved so we enjoy the game of baseball soon without having to worry.

Here is the link to the article!

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-spring-training-supposed-start-180303256.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

3 thoughts on “What’s Happening with the Lockout?”

1. Very interesting blog idea! As a fan of the MLB, I can’t agree more that we want this resolved so we can watch baseball this summer!

2. It will be very interesting to see where the lockout goes and how long it lasts. It would be unfortunate if the lockout extends into the regular season. In addition, I am a St. Louis Cardinals and Tampa Bay Rays fan.

3. I enjoyed reading your blog post about the lockouts. I am not too knowledgeable about baseball, so this was the first time I read about the lockouts. I have been to a couple baseball games in my life, and hope to go to more in the future. I do hope this situation gets resolved, as I know many people that are into baseball and would be super disappointed if something bad happened.