Projects

Writing Requirement(s)

As a communications student at UW-Whitewater, a large portion of your ability to graduate is the completion of the writing requirement. The writing requirement is usually a pretty lengthy paper that combines aspects of communication and public relations with a theory and event. Over the course of my education, I’ve written a couple of them and have passed them with flying colors.

I love writing and have used the assignment as a way to connect theories with events and ideas from pop culture. In two of my most recent classes I’ve written my papers for graduation about the Fyre Festival, a failed music festival, and how they could have prevented it and what went wrong. In the other paper, I did research about how social media influencers are changing the public relations landscape.

I chose the topics (shown below) because they’ve not only interested me from a personal standpoint as someone who loves social media and music festivals, but as someone who is really interested in having a career field in both fields.