Banned Books Week is Sept. 29-Oct. 6, 2007.
Have you read any of these? They are the most-challenged titles from 2000-2005.
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- “The Chocolate War” by Robert Cormier
- Alice series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- “Of Mice and Men” by John Steinbeck
- “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” by Maya Angelou
- “Fallen Angels” by Walter Dean Myers
- “It’s Perfectly Normal” by Robie Harris
- Scary Stories series by Alvin Schwartz
- Captain Underpants series by Dav Pilkey
- “Forever” by Judy Blume
Cherish your freedom to read! Why is this so important?
As the author of Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury, said, “You don’t have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.”
More information about Banned Books Week is online at http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bannedbooksweek.htm