The University now has a campus-wide subscription to the online version of the Chronicle of Higher Education!
To access the subscription while on campus, you can go directly to the Chronicle’s web site at http://chronicle.com. If off campus, connect via the library EZProxy using the following link.
Access is free and open to all UWW faculty, staff and students.
You are encouraged to subscribe to Academe Today, The Chronicle’s Daily Report. Anyone can sign up to receive this free e-newsletter once they have created a Chronicle account. Visit their website for more information and to start the sign-up process. You will also find a listing of all available e-mail newsletters and how to receive the Chronicle headline service via RSS feeds.
Highlights of coverage in addition to what you are familiar with in the paper version include:
- Daily Web updates on the latest news in higher education.
- Searchable archives of back issues. Unlimited access to every news article and essay published by The Chronicle since 1989.
- Online access to The Almanac of Higher Education, an annual report from The Chronicle since 1995. View data, demographics, enrollment, staff salaries, tuition fees, test scores, and more state by state.
- Regular updates on current grant opportunities.
- Several thousand of the best job opportunities in the academic world, updated daily.
- Career advice and counseling, for beginners and experienced academics alike.
- Employer profiles providing in-depth information for job candidates.
- Essays and opinion articles from all issues of The Chronicle Review.
- Participation in online discussions about issues and controversies featured in The Chronicle.
- Licensing revenues and patent activity at universities from fiscal 1994 to present.
- Listings of forthcoming events in higher education.
The subscription is made possible through funding support from Interim Chancellor Telfer.