On Thursday, March 2, 2017, the LGBT* Committee got together for their monthly meeting. Here is some of what was discussed:
- Deesha Dyer – will present a public lecture titled, “Diversity in the Workplace: Creating Intentional Opportunities for People of Color” held on Wednesday, March 8 from 5:30-6:30pm in the Fern Young Terrace
- Drag Show – IMPACT is hosting this year’s drag show on Thursday, March 9 in the UC Hamilton – doors open at 6pm and show begins at 7pm – come and have tons of fun!
- Discussed Dear Colleague Letter, which protects the transgender community in schools and colleges
- Looking forward to beginning Campus Pride Index assessment in the coming weeks
- Two new student groups: QTPOC and TRANS*action
Interested in finding out more about what was discussed? Read the Full Minutes to find out more!