Uncategorized

Week 7 Recap: Emotions Galore

So much happened this week, and so many emotions were expressed. I mean how can you not expect emotions to be flooding when a total of 7 girls go home in just one episode? And of course they left us off last episode with Heather Martin, from Colton Underwood’s Bachelor season, walking in..

Heather Martin was a contestant in a previous season of The Bachelor with the bachelor, Colton Underwood. To say the women weren’t happy was an understatement. Serena P. was rageful, Pieper was crying, and Jessenia was downright upset. I mean talk about rage… they annihilated the poor girl about why she was there. Serena C. even told her to “talk about it in your interview” when she started crying. Some of these women are ruthless and mean this season, that’s for sure. And I’m not going to lie… this made me so sad, I love Heather. However, I do understand Matt’s reasons and you already know the hate he would have received from the women if he let her join the process.

Though, they didn’t have to worry for long, because Matt decided to cut Heather’s long journey to see him short by sending her home that night. Some of the women even went so far to say that Matt has never looked so attractive as he did in that moment. However, their glee lasted only so long until they realized a rose ceremony was to come and Serena C. and Chelsea would be leaving (pictured below). Though I wouldn’t say I was too sad about it. I definitely knew these two would be heading home for sure this week. Neither of them really stood out or seemed to have a strong connection with Matt.

– Chelsea: THE BACHELOR – ABC’s ÒThe BachelorÓ stars Chelsea. (ABC/Craig Sjodin) https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/photos/
THE BACHELOR – ABC’s ÒThe BachelorÓ stars Serena C. (ABC/Craig Sjodin) https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/photos/

Then, moving on to the next week within the episode, many of them had a for sure thought of who was getting the one-on-ones that week. But as you could tell by Abigail and Jessenia’s face that was not the case. Serena P., one of my favorites, gets the first one-on-one.

During an intense yoga session, you can easily tell Serena P. isn’t feeling it. Though, Matt applaudes her honesty- as do I– and the night turns around as they move on to the dinner section. They start to talk seriously about hometowns, and it seems that they are both excited for Matt to meet her family. At the end of the night she receives a rose, YAY!

At the group date you can clearly tell something is bothering Abigail. And as the night goes on it continues to bother her and she confronts Matt. After having a long conversation, Matt says that he “got comfortable in their relationship and took the opportunity to explore other relationships” in the end leaving behind time for theirs. This honestly makes me so upset. Abigail has been my top favorite girl throughout the show, and honestly I think she was loved by all. She always stayed out of the drama, is a genuine person, and she is soooo sweet. I can’t believe she went home before hometowns :(. While it’s tearjerking and I could write for hours, as we all know it ends in her going home.

Meanwhile, Piper continues to be swoon with Matt, and tells him all about it. Then, Kit voices her fears of being young and not being ready for children until later in life, but Matt handles it smoothly and seems to be okay with waiting. While Bri shares her story of leaving her dream job to come to the show. In the end, only one person can get the rose, at that person is Rachel. They continue their night with a concert while the other girls sit and think about being Rachel at that moment. Especially Bri.

That was a lot of information and I want to pause for a quick second to say something. I thought it was incredibly mature for Kit to voice her opinions about waiting for kids until she is ready, and to stick her grounds. When I first heard that Kit is 21 I was completely shocked. She is just completely mature for her age. I mean, she is the same age as me and I could never imagine being on The Bachelor at that age. And… on another note… NO BRI! I absolutely cannot fathom the fact that she quit her DREAM JOB to be on this show. I understand wanting to find love, but this is absolutely crazy to me. It makes me sad to see a women quit her dream job to be on a show where she might not even end up with Matt in the end. Okay, that’s all for now… resume.

Though the group date night isn’t necessarily done there. After the group date Kit still did not feel good about things, and decided to break it off. She said that she wasn’t feeling it 100%, and that he deserves someone who can give him everything. Again, like I said an absolute mature women and I have a lot of respect for her for doing that. (Kit picture below).

ABC’s ÒThe BachelorÓ stars Kit. (ABC/Craig Sjodin) https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/photos/

The last one-on-one goes to the only girl left in the house who hasn’t had one, Jessenia. They go drifting and hitting into things in a nice car. Stuff like this makes me wonder how much money they put into this show.. Anyways you can tell Jessenia isn’t the greatest driver just by the clear fright you can see on Matt’s face.

Ò2507Ó Ð With hometowns on the horizon, Matt and the remaining women all take a serious look at their potential future together, resulting in more than a few difficult decisions. Former cast member Heather Martin isnÕt the only source of drama during this jam-packed week that includes two one-on-one dates, a group date, two rose ceremonies and a performance by GRAMMY¨-nominated artist Aloe Blacc. DonÕt blink or you may miss something on ÒThe Bachelor,Ó airing MONDAY, FEB. 15 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (ABC/Craig Sjodin) THE BACHELOR: https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/photos/
THE BACHELOR – “2507” – With hometowns on the horizon, Matt and the remaining women all take a serious look at their potential future together, resulting in more than a few difficult decisions. Former cast member Heather Martin isn’t the only source of drama during this jam-packed week that includes two one-on-one dates, a group date, two rose ceremonies and a performance by GRAMMY®-nominated artist Aloe Blacc. Don’t blink or you may miss something on “The Bachelor,” airing MONDAY, FEB. 15 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (ABC/Craig Sjodin) JESSENIA, MATT JAMES https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/photos/

I want to take a second to share my thoughts on Jessenia. I cannot pinpoint why that I’m not a huge fan of her. I don’t necessarily not like her; however, there seems to be something off about her that makes me question her. I think part of it is the previous drama with MJ. She didn’t handle all of that classy at all and it always seems like she gravitates towards the drama.

Moving on, after the day part of the date, they go into the dinner portion. This is when Jessenia confesses her love for Matt, but to her discretion he doesn’t feel the same way. He says he is missing the love and the close feeling with her, and so he sends her home. I mean that was just embarrassing to watch, I could tell that was coming from a mile away just from watching his expressions the whole time she was talking.

Boom that’s already 6 down, one more to go. Matt is flying through this week as if it is four weeks in one show. They skip the regular cocktail party and the last part of the episode is the rose ceremony. Matt had a hard time choosing, but in the end Pieper was the last girl sent home (Pieper pictured below). Though she didn’t show much emotion until she got into the car and was driving away. She was pissed and basically said that she wasted her time. I mean, understandable to be upset, but you knew what you were getting yourself into. And that is the end of the episode!

THE BACHELOR – ABC’s ÒThe BachelorÓ stars Pieper. (ABC/Craig Sjodin): https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/photos/

With an eventful show like that, I never would have expected all of the girls who went home and the crazy turns each part of the episode had. And now I feel like there is barely any of the season left :(. However, here are my predictions for next week:

• Rachel- goes home
    • I like Rachel, but I don’t think her connection with Matt is strong enough. I think something about their connection will get brought up at their hometown and she will be sent home.
  • Michelle- gets a rose
    • I really like Michelle; however, I don’t see her making it to the final two. I feel like she came in too late in the game to end up with Matt at the end.
  • Bri- gets a rose
    • I love Bre and I think she has been a frontrunner for awhile now. Her and Matt’s relationship is so genuine and pure and I could definitely see her winning in the end.
  • Serena P- gets a rose
    • Serena is my absolute favorite (behind Abigail obviously). I love her bubbly personality and how she is always herself around Matt. I can see her making it to the end.

Next week is hometowns- so buckle up for a wild ride- and I’ll see you all next week!