The Top 4 Unsafe Foods For Your Dog

Every pet owner knows how hard it is to say no to your pet when they’re begging. When their ears go back, their eyes get wider, and sit so pretty, it is tough to not give them a special treat for just being so darn cute. Although most of the food that humans eat isn’t always bad for your dog, these following common household foods are.

1. Alcohol

Even though alcohol can provide some fun moments (and some bad ones) for people, alcohol is highly dangerous for dogs! Overconsumption of alcohol is very dangerous for humans, meaning that a small amount of alcohol is toxic for your dog! Since a dog is much smaller than a human, alcohol can target a dogs liver quicker and can result in vomiting, diarrhea, coordination problems, breathing problems, coma, even death. And the smaller your dog, the worse it can be.

2. Chocolate

Although chocolate is always a go to for people, chocolate is very very bad for your dog. Chocolate contains substances called “methylxanthines” which are found in cacao seeds, which are used in making coffee, chocolate, and soda. This type of substance are harmful for dogs because it can cause diarrhea, vomiting, seizures, panting, excessive thirst, and much more.

My dog Lily loves chocolate so much that she ate 3 big bags of Semi-Sweet chocolate chips within 10 minutes. Soon after, she did not look good and started having a seizure, so we rushed her to the veterinarian, where they flushed her with IV fluids and medicines for 3 days straight. This was a very scary situation for my family and I, and I wouldn’t want any other dog lover going through something like that.

3. Grapes & Rasins

Even though grapes and raisins are always a healthy go to snack, they are seriously dangerous for your dog! The toxicity found in grapes and rasins can be very harmful for your dog. Even just a tiny amount of grapes and or rasins can result in kidney failure, low energy, vomiting, and even death.

My dog Lily loves to cause trouble so much that when she was bored, she decided to eat an entire bowl of grapes without us looking! After giving her hydrogen peroxide to make your puke all the grapes up, she was a little sad and woozy for the next few hours, but thankfully turned out fine.

4. Garlic

When cooking in the kitchen, make sure not to drop any type of garlic and even onion on or near your dog! Any kind of garlic-cooked, raw, powdered, and cloved, can seriously hurt your beloved pet. When garlic is ingested by a dog, it can cause the garlic to kill their red blood cells, which can result in anemia, weakness, vomiting, and breathing problems.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *