The Whitewater Mule

Moscow has a mule, Mexico has a mule, and finally- Whitewater has it’s own. Forget the brass cup and fancy garnish, we’re including only the essentials. I created an advertising campaign for Bacardi this semester and so I only saw it fitting to use it for one of my drinks.

The Shopping List:

1 2 Liter of Ginger Ale… $.89

1 750 ml Bottle of Dragonberry White Rum Bacardi… $14.99

1 Lime… $.29

Grand Total…$16.17

The Mix:

Start off with a nice glass of ice. A few cubes always does the trick, lets say three ice cubes.

Next, pour a couple shots of Bacardi on the rocks.

I like a nice strong mule that will be able to pull the plow all day, but the potency is up to your discretion.

Following that, top it off with some ginger ale to damper down the rum.

Chop up a few mint leaves and sprinkle the leaves on top.

Squirt a lime to complete the concoction.

The Verdict:

The classic Moscow Mule is made in a brass cup, I’m a college student who can’t afford luxuries like that. Ginger ale is always a good mix because of the flavor, some don’t like it but it’s one of my favorites. The dragon berry rum all garnished up with a splash of ginger ale tastes slightly like an actual mule, surprisingly. On the hangover scale, I’d give it a 2/5. It isn’t the most lethal beverage, the garnish really balances out the booze and it is somewhat refreshing. A solid taste and a decent makeshift mule. As always, drink responsibly.

About Jordan Ahlenius

I am majoring in Communications with an emphasis in Electronic Media, and I have a minor in Advertising. I'm an aspiring videographer with hopes of one day working on documentaries. Cats!
This entry was posted in The Rum Diaries and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.