The Mighty Michelada

I am 25% Hispanic, but I take pride in it as if I were 100%. I love the culture, food, and especially the beverages. This week I’m making a classic Michelada, and making it mighty. One of my best buddies was always bed ridden by God awful hangovers, and swore my Michelada’s as the cure. I agree and the next time you have a wild night out, I suggest testing out this spicy cocktail.

The Shopping List:

One Four Pack of Mexican Beer (I chose Modelo)… $2.99

One Can of Clamato… $.99

Hot Sauce (Tapatio, Valentinos)… $1.99

Lime… $.39

Beer Salt… $.99

Soy Sauce… $1.99

Grand Total… $10.39

This list makes for roughly 4 Micheladas. Bud Light makes a tall boy of Michelada for $2.50, but doesn’t taste NEARLY as authentic. 😉

The Mix:

Start with a tall glass, add an ice cube or two.

Pour in one beer, and if there’s room, add another.

The more beer the better, the more liquor the softer the hangover.

Mix in the can of Clamato (tomato juice), this is essential to the mix. It is what makes a Michelada a Michelada.

Douse in a few drops of hot sauce and soy sauce, and stir.

Wet the rim of the glass and cover in beer salt.

Squirt a lime in to add a bit of sweetness.

The Verdict:

Thank God for the Mexicans; another one of their glorious concoctions. The spices add a nice kick to it and the lime balances out the heat. While I honestly hate bloody mary’s this tomato beer is tolerable and aids in the fight against hangovers. The next time you’re bed ridden, I recommend stirring up a nice Michelada. Enjoy and please drink responsibly.

About Jordan Ahlenius

I am majoring in Communications with an emphasis in Electronic Media, and I have a minor in Advertising. I'm an aspiring videographer with hopes of one day working on documentaries. Cats!
This entry was posted in Fiesta de Español, Remedies and Healing Potions and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.