Hey Chicago fans!

My name is Evan, and I’m very excited to share the highs and lows of what it’s like to be a Chicago sports fan with you all! I started this blog as a Senior at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater for my Social Media Optimization & The New Web class. The reason for this blog is because I have spent almost my entire life growing up in South Central Wisconsin. However, my dad grew up just outside of Chicago and raised me to be a Chicago fan. This led to years of banter between me and Wisconsin sports fans. I’ve dealt with the 108 year World Series drought, nightmares about Aaron Rodgers, Derrick Rose’s ACL, and any other Chicago sports tragedy you can think of that a Wisconsin sports fan would use against us. As a kid, I always appreciated the small amount of people I had in my life that shared the same love for the same teams as me. So I decided to start this blog to hopefully let those of you who need to know that you are not alone in your sports team related struggles. And hey, if we’re lucky, we’ll witness a couple championships along the way!

You might be wondering why the heck you would read such a blog, or what I might know about Chicago sports or even sports in general, so here’s a little bit more about me. Like I said before, I’ve been watching Chicago sports almost my entire life. My earliest official memories go back to the Bears playing the Colts in Super Bowl XLI and Derrek Lee of the Cubs being my first favorite athlete. I’ve spent countless hours, days, months, etc. learning about even the smallest impact players on almost every Chicago sports team. I will admit I’m still relatively new to giving the Blackhawks and NHL my full attention, however, any post related to them will be done after necessary research and thought. One of my favorite things to do when I’m bored is to look through baseball, basketball, pro football, and hockey reference websites. From stats to transactions, I sincerely enjoy looking into how a players career played out. I also pay close attention to twitter pages and very high profile writers for all Chicago teams. As far as my sports knowledge in general, I played basketball from 4th-12th grade. I also played football from 8th-12th grade which led to me being recruited by multiple colleges and playing one season at Carroll University. I can assure you, this is my most knowledgeable passion.

I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know me and I hope you enjoy reading this blog. God bless!