Balancing your chakras

For those of you who are new to practicing yoga, you may not be totally familiar with what the 7 chakras are, and hey, that is totally OKAY! But before you learn how to properly balance them, it is important to have a general understanding of what they actually are…so here goes!

Chakras refer to certain centralized locations where subtle energy occurs. There are 7 of these that run down the entire length of your spine, from the top of your head to your pelvic floor. Learning how to balance these energies are an extremely important part of not only practicing yoga, but staying in touch with yourself on a more personal level.

Each chakra also has it’s own positive affirmation, which is important to keep noted during your yoga practice. Noted below are these affirmations:

1. Muladhara: “I am connected to the earth. I am strong and stable”.
  2. Svadhisthana: “I am a creative being with unlimited potential”.
  3. Manipura: “I am confident, powerful, and I can handle anything”.
  4. Anahata: “Give love to receive love, and be love”.
  5. Vishudda: “I speak my truth, I live my truth”.
  6. Ajna: “I am open, intuitive, and self-assured”.
  7. Sahasrara: “I surrender to the wisdom of pure consciousness”.

When it comes to balancing your chakras, there are a few important things to remember. It can be hard to do on your own as a beginner, and is a little different than what some may be used to. When I was a beginner I really relied on the help of videos from Earth Mama Medicine. With that being said, these are the 8 balancing tools she gives us to try and use:

1. Food
  2. Clothes
  3. Surroundings
  4. Affirmations
  5. Meditation
  6. Visualization
  7. Crystals
  8. Essential Oils

My personal advice when it comes to balancing your chakras is to focus on each one independently, and not all at once. Each one reflects a different part of you and is to be treated differently in order to bring yourself to a more balanced state. It is also so important to learn those 8 affirmations and say them to yourself regularly. A positive mindset really does work wonders! Check out this video below by Earth Mama Medicine for more on balancing chakras for beginners!

1 thought on “Balancing your chakras”