Visualization: It Actually Works!

Hello again everyone! This week I want to talk to you a little bit about visualization. I want to break down what it is, why I do it, and why you should too!

I have always been open about my struggle with anxiety because I feel like it is something someone should not feel embarrassed or ashamed to talk about. Personally, being open about it makes me feel a little better because you never know who it may help. A friend of mine a long time ago realized my struggle, and actually had reached out to me with this technique, that I have applied in both my meditation practices, or whenever I feel overwhelmed with stress and anxiety.

While visualization is not an anxiety cure, it is a very healthy and simple relaxation strategy that does help with periods you experience high stress and any anxiety symptoms you may have. The way visualization works is by imagining you are in a different scenery or place of mind, in order to calm your negative feelings.

Some tips for this are:

• Find a quiet and relaxing place where you feel comfortable.
  • Close your eyes.
  • Relax your body.
  • Begin to imagine your place.
  • Practice-it does take some getting used to!

I hope that this helps you to find some peace within your busy schedules or any anxiety you may be suffering from! Click here for some super helpful beginner visualization scripts! Have a great rest of your week and happy meditating!

2 thoughts on “Visualization: It Actually Works!”

1. Hello, I personally struggle with anxiety and stress too. I found this post great and really interesting. I am always looking for techniques on how to manage my anxiety and stress so thank you. I will definitely give this a try.

2. I found this post to be really interesting and informative. Knowing different techniques to help anxiety can be extremely beneficial. As someone that also struggles with anxiety, I will definitely give this technique a try when I am in situations that cause me a great deal of worry fear.