Keep track of your credits

To be able to graduate with a bachelors degree at UW-Whitewater, you have to have 120 credits. Now just because you have 120 you might not to be able to because of the type of classes you took. There are certain requirements in the minor and major of how many credits you need. Even some credits need to be worth a 300 or 400 level class. There are lots of things that can lead up to you not having the correct credits, or being misguided because you read your report wrong.

I suggest to you that you go meet with two or maybe three advisors a semester. By meeting with different people, it gives you the clarification if you are on the right track or not. If they are all saying you are in the same amount that’s great. If they have different opinion, then that is a problem. I personally had a problem where I was getting told different results by four different advisors last year. Nobody knew where I was in terms of credits, which was very stressful. It was a big downfall for me because I could’ve graduated already if I got the correct information from someone.

Lastly, I would make sure you personally know how to read your credit report correctly. If you can figure it out, then you will be in good shape to know where you stand. I personally was confused and didn’t have the proper help. You must read it carefully and multiple times to make sure everything is correct. It will be a big help and less stress in the long run if you are able to understand your credit standing.  

That’s all for now! Be back Thursday!