Lifehacker has a review of a new audio transcription app, Otter Voice Notes, that uses artificial intelligence to transcribe audio in real time. Audio transcription is good for interviews, oral history projects, lectures, and meetings. Although the AI transcription is not perfect, this app has the benefit of being free or relatively cheap to use and more accurate than other AI transcription apps.
- Real-time audio transcription that separates and identifies individual voices
- Any images you take during the audio stream are put inline in the transcription so that the picture appears at the same moment in the transcription as the time that you took it
- Searchable keywords highlighted in the transcription
- Text and audio export
- Free version allows for 10 hours of transcription per month
- Students with a .edu email address can get 100 hours per month for $2.99/month