Uncategorized

Season Opinions & Recap!

This season was super crazy and definitely different than any other season. Matt made a lot of “firsts” on the show this season.

Matt was the first black bachelor on the show, the first one to have two rounds of girls come in, and the first bachelor to not end things in an engagement, but still continue things after the show. This overall was a season firsts, and from what it seems there is going to be a continuance of that moving forward (especially with the announcement of doing two bachelorettes for next season)!

Overall, I know I didn’t know what to expect with Matt this season, but I think he did a pretty good job for his first experience. The girls this season were a wide range from sweet to crazy to mean, and more. So I’d first like to introduce some of my favorites from this season:

• Abigail
    • I loved how nice and innocent Abigail always was. She always stayed out of the drama and was a genuine girl.
  • Bri
    • I loved Bri and Matt’s connection, they also had fun together and she always seemed so down to earth.
  • Serena P.
    • Serena was definitely a front runner for a majority of the show, and I was always counting on her to win. Her bubbly, but very original and true-to-herself personality made Matt fall for her quickly.

While I loved some of the girls, there were a lot of girls I was also not huge fans of such as:

• MJ
    • All of my friends loved MJ, but I never seemed to like her. I think her true personality really came out when Jessenia confronted her for the malicious acts she was doing to the new girls who came in.
  • Victoria
    • I’m sure no one is surprised by this one. I don’t know one fan of the show that liked Victoria. She was just truly a mean and entitled woman, and no one likes that.
  • Rachel
    • Not going to lie, I was a fan of Rachel at the beginning of the show. However, there was always one thing that seemed off about her. And seeing how she reacted to some drama in the show also was off putting to me too.

Overall the season had many wild turns, and you can even see these effects into the show. At the end of the season there was information that came out about Rachel being racist, and there was a huge scandal with Chris Harrison defending her, that he didn’t even show up for the “After the Final Rose” episode. This actually resulted in Matt and Rachel calling things off. Moving forward, there are even rumors that Chris Harrison may not be the host in the future due to his words about Rachel. What a crazy season! I’m just definitely interested to see where the two bachelorettes (Michelle and Katie) bring the show for the future.

Thanks for sticking with me and my posts this season. Keep checking in weekly for other fun Bachelor and Bachelorette- related posts!

2 Comments

• Adeline Edwards

Hi Brooke! Great coverage of this season. I think you did a great job making sure each week was unique and interesting. I am excited to see the posts in the upcoming weeks since the season has officially ended.

• Savannah Bertram

Hi Brooke!

I loved your coverage of this season. Matt’s season and Colton’s seasons are very similar as they both didn’t end in a relationship then ended in a bad break-up. Colton put a tracker on Cassie’s car! I can’t wait to see what you write about for the rest of the season, maybe a bachelor in paradise pairing post? I would love to talk about that!

Great post! Have a good week!