Toppings

How to make pizza look like ART

Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog. I hope everyone is getting excited for Halloween. This week I am going to talk about how to make your pizza look like art! Food can be very expressive. I am going to give you guys tips and tricks on how to make your pizza look amazing and appealing to others.

Here is a fall pizza to get you guys into the fall / halloween vibe. This was a fall special I created with a squash sauce, parmesan, topped with mixed greens.

1) TAKE YOUR TIME: My first tip for you is to take your sweet time. If your in a hurry its easy to just slap toppings onto your pizza, although it will still taste good, it might not look as appealing as it could! So take your time and arrange your toppings slowly & properly to create an art masterpiece.

2) ARRANGE TOPPINGS IN ORDER: My second tip to give to you is to arrange your toppings in order. The order in which I have learned to put pizza toppings on is; put the sauce down, then the veggies, then cheese, and meat on top (last). Putting the veggies down first will make it so they don’t get too crispy. For example, if you put the spinach on last the spinach will get too crispy on top of your pizza because of the oven temperature. It’s always good to put the meat on last instead, because then the meat will get crispy on top which is what you want! Who doesn’t love some crispy pepperoni’s? I know I do 🙂

Here is an example of why you should put the meat on last. Look how crispy and yummy the pepperoni’s look 🙂

3) ARRANGE TOPPINGS EVENLY: My last tip to give to you to make your pizza look like art is arrange the toppings evenly. For example, you don’t want too much toppings on one side of the pizza. Disperse the toppings evenly so that every slice has a good amount of toppings. A good example I can give is say when your putting mushrooms on the pizza, create a flower like effect. Point the mushroom slices from the middle so that it creates a flower like shape! This will disperse the mushrooms evenly while making the pizza look like a masterpiece. Always make sure you don’t just slap toppings on, arrange them evenly to make your pizza look like art.

Thank you for reading! If you follow these tips and tricks your pizza is going to look not only delicious, but look like an art piece! Pizza CAN be art.

5 Comments

• Zack Murray

Wow this is very helpful. Usually when I make a homemade pizza I just throw all the toppings I want on it. Now I’ll be sure to take into account these tips to impress my family.

• Reynaldo Mayans

Hi Lindsey ,
    First let me say that even though I had lunch it did not stop you from making me hunger. You sure have a way of making pizza look like art. Many years ago I work for Pizza Hut and my pizzas did not look as great as your but they did taste good especially went I piled on the jalapenos. Good blog keep the super job.

• Karissa

I love this post because when I eat food I love when it looks very pretty. It makes me more excited to eat it and have more fun eating it! These are good tips and tricks to making sure your pizza looks amazing while making it! Will be doing this very soon.

• Julianne Gantar

Hi!
    I love making food look pretty when I cook! I find myself taking more time than I should just on arranging the food on the plate in an appealing manner. I’ll be reading more to get myself to make more homemade pizza, Thanks!

• Britney Myerson

I think the presentation of a meal makes it that much better. I sometimes like to take pictures of my food before I eat it, so if it has a good presentation, it makes for a great picture. Great tips, love this blog!