The election goes viral

There is no other way to put it.

There is no way that you don’t know that there is a Presidential election going on if you are alive and breathing. It has taken over our televisions, our social media sites, our news sites, and even moved the time of the Bachelorette. (Which to some people is a big deal).

Influencers didn’t miss a chance to participate.

The message to vote has been being tweeted, shared, posted, and filmed over and over this week and influencers, celebrities, athletes, and any other kind of famous star seemed to jump in and post their own content to encourage their followers to use their voice and vote. It was nice to see celebrities using their platforms to promote something good and the ways they did it were quite creative.

Who’s that girl? It’s Zoey Deschanel.

One of the most popular videos that I have seen circulating around the internet was posted on the New Girl star’s Lamorne Morris page. A few cast members including Zoey Deschanel who plays Jessica Day and Jake Johnson who plays Nick Miller created a remix of the New Girl theme song with lyrics that encouraged their followers to vote. This was a great way to grab the attention of fans while getting their message across.

You can view the video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-yY6QJOf1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Smile and share!

Another way that influencers promoted voting was on the actual election day. So many celebrities and stars took to social media to share selfies with their ‘I voted’ stickers. Beyonce, the Hadid sisters, Selena Gomez, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, Michelle Obama, and Madonna are just a handful that shared their thoughts online with a selfie to go with it.

Influencers are everywhere.

This election was a great way to showcase how much influence influencers really have. As someone who is passionate about influencer marketing, I watched the posts roll in very closely all day Tuesday and it was fascinating to see what each individual chose to say. Now, we wait.

3 Comments

• Nadia Foltz

This year’s election was wild! I felt that many people all over on social media used their voice and posted about the election and to vote on social media. Social media is great for many things and one big thing is having the freedom to be heard and use our voices. I loved that the New girls cast made a video to vote because it is our right and I think everyone who can vote! I think having influencers and famous people use their voices to vote creates a positive environment for people to feel they can use their voice too!

• Lauren Foster

I have never seen so much promotion in past elections from other celebrities and influencers before. Everyone made sure to emphasize the importance of voting. I remeber seeing David Dobrik hold a Tesla give away for those who registered to vote as well as partaking in the voting. I read some articles saying that he was able to get over 120,000 people to register to go out and vote. It’s crazy to think that this election broke voting number records.

• Bri Olstad

Hi Anna!

I can honestly say I have seen the most advertisements to vote in this election over any other. Half the time, I am stuck watching Monday night football (to keep up with my boyfriend’s fantasy league), and “Don’t forget to Vote” was always presented in the bottom right-hand corner! Social media is entirely centered around the election; we can’t escape it. I think it is great that so many celebrities used their platform to promote voting. Influencers with a powerful voice make a more significant impact than we think! This election was sure one for the books.

Thank you for sharing!