Creating the dynamic duo

So you know you want to work with an influencer, but who?

The world of influencer marketing can be scary and even a little intimidating. With so much content and profiles out there, how on earth can you be sure that the influencer you choose to work with is right for you? Well, I am here to provide you with a few tips and factors to focus on when finding the perfect match for you.

Who do you want to reach?

This is a question that in my opinion is the most important when it comes to narrowing down who to target. If your content isn’t reaching the people who you intended the content to be for, then what is the point? Depending on the product or service that you are promoting you should think of who will be buying it? A helpful tip is to create an audience/brand persona and then go from there. Is your persona a 35-year-old millennial mom named Melissa who loves high-end shopping? Or is it a 18-year-old boy named Jack who loves skateboarding? Creating a person can help you really relate to your consumers and connect with your audience.

So many platforms to choose from

Social media is only growing and new platforms are being introduced pretty frequently. In order to find the right influencer for your brand, after you define your target audience, you need to find where these people are spending their most time. If you want to reach older people who have most of their friends on Facebook and that is their favorite social media, then you should find an influencer who uses Facebook a lot. Are you trying to target Gen Z which a trendy new product? Try using TikTok! There are so many options but the influencer you choose needs to also be popular on the platform that you will target.

Just the beginning

Those two tips are just the beginning of research when it comes to finding the perfect match for your brand. Consider asking, “what content is being shared the most? What hashtags are trending? What time of day are people on this platform the most?” Asking these questions are a great way to get brainstorming and get your brand headed in the right direction. So many opportunities lay within influencer marketing-go get em!

3 Comments

• Reynaldo Mayans

Hi Anna,
    I am not sure if you are as young a you look on your Hawk profile picture because after reading this post you sound like a very wise young lady. Your post provide some very interested questions and answers. I know who are my influencers are because I am starting my own business. Let me know if you need a job. Great post keep up the good work.

• Nadia Foltz

Hi Anna!
    Thank you for sharing good tips and telling us how to find the right target audience. The right target audience is very important when it comes to finding who you are trying to target. Influencer marketing is growing so much and I do think it will continue to grow for awhile! With influencer marketing, it becomes the new form of advertising and how to promote brands. I know I find myself watching influencers promoting certain brands on youtube!

• Brianna Olstad

Hi Anna!

Your post is going to be extremely helpful in one of my marking classes. We are deciding what influencer would be the best fit for my focal brand, Chick-fil-a. I think it is crucial to decide on an influencer based on who the brand is attempting to reach. For example, Tik Tok stars Charlie and Dixie D’Amelio are young and have become extremely influential for a younger audience. As their career has expanded, they have become influencers/ sponsors for Hollister! Personally, I don’t think they fit the Hollister brand as well as they should, but they have definitely generated business for Hollister! Thank you for sharing!