Post Grad

Looking Back: My Favorite Memory from Every Month of my Senior Year of College at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater

I am a very sentimental person. I have a photo album with every picture in order of when they were taken starting from freshman year of college. The pictures range from high-quality photos to drunk and blurry Snapchats. Here are pictures and a description of my favorite memory from every month of my senior year. This blog is more for me to look back and reflect rather than to entertain my audience – sorry about that, but I hope you still enjoy it! 🙂

September:

I literally only have this picture for this month. This is a picture of me and my ex-boyfriend, Will. I know, it might be a little odd that I am adding that photo in here, but he’s still one of my best friends. You can’t always choose who you love and who you’re friends with. It sounds stupid but two souls don’t meet by accident. September was hard with adjusting to the new campus COVID-19 protocols and the new way we lived our lives. My favorite memory from this month is just hanging out and laughing with Will. Every relationship in your life serves a purpose, at this point COVID-19 didn’t have an end in sight and my family and friends were way more cautious than they are right now. I went a long time without seeing any of them, if I didn’t have Will I would have been really sad. Relationships begin and relationships end, but I think it’s important to still learn to appreciate the good parts and not regret everything just because it ended.

Will and me

October:

Halloween! My roommates and I threw a party at our house! We planned this party for soooooo long. We had photo shoot walls, decorations, and even a costume contest with prizes! There was a great turn out and it was so much fun! I invited all of my friends from every year of college. That might have been the last time we were all in one place. I had so much fun dancing with all my friends! I was so busy hosting the party that I only got one picture from the whole night – pictured below. Will and I went as Fred and Daphne from Scooby-Doo! It went great with my naturally red hair!

Will and me

November:

The night the picture below was taken, my best friends and I had so much fun! This was the week of the election, so The Bachelorette was on a Thursday instead of a Tuesday. We all watched The Bachelorette together and Caroline’s boyfriend’s house then went to the bars! We’re all so busy with work and classes, so it’s hard for all of us to be free at one time. We made dumb TikTok’s together and just laughed a lot!

From left to right: Libby, Caroline, Me, Hailey, and Julia

December:

My birthday month! My birthday is the 20th, my little’s birthday, Roma, is the 21st, and my roommate’s birthday is the 17th! It works out perfectly and that weekend is always so much fun! My roommates and I went out for our birthdays together, then the next day I celebrated Romas birthday with endless mimosas and brunch. It was basically Christmas, so had the bar all to ourselves! It was actually so fun! We could dance and be crazy without having to worry about others seeing us.

January:

I’m not going to lie to you, January was a hard month. Will and I had just broken up. I think the hardest part was how he was my main source of socialization. Online school sucked and was very lonely so every night I looked forward to seeing him. In January I learned the importance of really valuing the amazing women that surround me. When we were dating I would only see my friends once or twice a week. Not to make him look bad at all – as mentioned before we are still close friends – but I really learned to shine post relationship! Once I learned how to be myself again this semester turned into one of the best semesters of my life! My friends and I have really started to value the time we have before we graduate and it’s gone. On Tuesdays, we go to trivia night at Fat Jack’s then play free Tuesday darts at The College Pub. On Wednesdays or Thursday’s we have board game nights, and on Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays, we all go out and have girls’ nights depending on our work schedules! This is the month where I learned to work hard during the day then make sure to schedule time with the people I love in the evening. It’s a great way to end any day! The break-up was really hard on me, but if I was in a relationship there was no way I would be able to spend as much time with my friends. That’s what’s more important! The picture below is of my best friend, Caroline, and me at The Pub taken some time in January.

Caroline and Me

February:

In February my roommates and I threw a Galentine’s Day party at our house! It was so fun to plan and even more fun on the day! We decorated with hearts coming down from the ceiling and door frames and had a photo wall with heart-shaped balloons! The event was cocktail attire. Every girl looked beautiful in their pink or red dresses and heels! My roommates and I made cheese fondue and had a melted chocolate fountain. We all ate and drank and drank some more. This is definitely one of my favorite nights of the semester. The turnout was around 40 of our closest friends!

March:

My favorite memory from March is definitely Saint Patrick’s Day! Roma, Caroline, Caroline’s Boyfriends, a bunch of his friends, and I all woke up at 4 a.m. to stand in line outside the bar at 5 a.m. Getting up that early was totally worth it because we got there in time to reserve a table before the bars hit capacity. I remember being SO excited to get Sweetspot while I was drunk. Name a better combination than that! It ended up being an amazing day! 🙂 The pictures below are of Roma and me, and Caroline and me!

April & May:

My sister got married on April 2, 2021. I can’t not mention that! It was a simple yet very beautiful wedding. Life is starting to pass me by so fast! One year ago I was living at home now I’m graduating college and really starting to feel like a real adult! Below are two pictures from Kelly’s wedding. Aside from the memory of her getting married, my memories from April will be my friends and I are going on a trip for spring break and getting our grad photos done professionally together. For May, we can’t forget our last spring splash and of course, graduation! The good ole days are going to be gone before we know it – I want to make sure to soak up and appreciate every minute of it!

That’s my favorite memories from every month of my senior year! To me, the most important parts of life are appreciating all the good moments while you’re in them, and learning from everything. There’s always a lesson or an opportunity to grow in both the good and bad situations!