New Bulletin Board

It’s the end of the month and I don’t know about you, but that usually signals the beginning of a busy season for me. Between Interact, Mapworks, roommate agreements and actually being a student, it feels like there is no time for anything else. Then there is the daunting task of creating a new bulletin board for your floor. For some, this is a task that seems more challenging than any paper or exam will ever be. For others, this is one of the more exciting perks of being a Resident Assistant. No matter how you feel about it, it most certainly is an element of the job that is not going away. But don’t panic! I have a few tips about how to make this particular task a little more enjoyable.

Have a general outline: Before you begin anything, take some time to really plan out what you want your board to look like. Scroll through Pinterest or sketch out your own design. Either way will reduce some of the stress of actually creating your new board.

Think ahead: While creating a bulletin board may sound like a pretty simple task, there are actually a ton of tiny details involved. One of my most common mistakes when it comes to creating a bulletin board is that I somehow forget to cut out a few letters EVERY TIME. This sets me so far back and is yet another inconvenience related to this gosh darn board. I have acquired a few tricks though. You can write out the words on a piece of paper and cross off each letter as you cut it. You can also use a piece of paper or two to create an envelope for your letters if you didn’t already bring one down with you!

PUT IN EFFORT: I know it sounds cheesy, but you get out of these boards what you put into them. I have seen some pretty spectacular bulletin boards in the past and they truly do have a direct impact on the residents. Do your best to passively program to your floors needs; it will work wonders.

I hope that this blog has given you a new attitude towards creating your bulletin board this month. I cannot wait to see some spectacular new boards this upcoming month from you all. If you have any advice that I did not mention, please feel free to comment below!

Keep being wonderful.