Melissa is the RA on Wells East 2nd floor. As a junior Finance major, she hosts the Living the Language Learning Community! This is her fourth semester as an RA. She is also one of Residence Life’s interns. 

6297_4945576689384_202447294_n
Favorite Sport: I really enjoy watching football and baseball, but my favorite sport that I participated in was Cross Country.  
Favorite Sports team: Brewers 
Favorite Band: Florida Georgia Line or anything Country
Favorite Dining Hall: I would have to say Drumlin. 

Dream job: Not really a dream job but a dream life; to be able to work and enjoy it but also have enough time and money to do all the things I want to do in life.
What I see myself doing in five years: I guess in five years I see myself married living in the suburbs and maybe have a kid, but definitely have a dog or two!
Favorite Quote: “All it takes is all you’ve got.”
Why did you become an RA?: I became an RA because my mom was an RA in college, I thought that was kind of different and cool. I really wanted to be able to make a lasting impression on people and I felt this was the best way that I could do that.
What is your favorite thing about being an RA?: I love getting to know my residents and just being able to talk to them and really find out what their passions in life are. 

What else are you involved in?: I am the Director of Development for Jitters, so I get to make the drinks of the month. That’s my favorite part of my Jitters position. I am also apart of NRHH. 

Piece of advice for other RA’s: I would say that you will definitely have rough days, but on those days let your residents help you. You are always there for you residents and I feel like not enough RAs let their residents be there for them. You don’t have to tell them what is bothering you, but allow them to have fun with you it will make you feel better to know that they care about you.

Best story so far: I would definitely say that my best story so far is one Saturday I was at UW-Whitewater and didn’t have any plans when I heard a knock at my door, and it was my residents from last year that came to visit me and just reminisce about our floor the previous year. It made me feel really good to know that they enjoyed having me as an RA and that they wanted to come back and visit me.

Thank you Melissa for being a Radical RA!