Vincent Ashford is the RA on 4th floor Clem which is an all male floor. Vince is a senior with a major in Interpersonal Communication.

Preferred Name: Vincent, Vinny, Vince, Vin (All encompasses who I am)

10383016_654174167971737_7555643234179978101_n

Favorite Sport: Football

Favorite Sports team: New Orleans Saints

Favorite Band: One Republic
Favorite Dining Hall: Drumlin
Dream job: Game Tester

What I see myself doing in five years: Being an awesome person in whatever field I choose to apply my talents in

Favorite Quote: “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything.”

Why did you become an RA?: I became an RA to help guide people enjoy their college career. A lot of people come to college and choose to work and do homework, and if that works for you then that’s cool. I want to help people see that their are more to college then just that and as an RA you get to help mold that mentality.
What is your favorite thing about being an RA?: So far my floor has been awesome all around. Of course you have those nights where they are a little loud, but they keep you on your toes and are always fun to be around.
What else are you involved in?: Since this was my first semester as an RA I wanted to slow down so I’m involved in the Assembly of Resident Assistants and in it I am one of the reps of it for the Residence Hall Association or RHA.
Piece of advice for other RA’s: Make time for yourself. I know that coming into the position I thought I had to be here for the floor 24/7 just in case something comes up. The thing about this position is that we are always working unlike other jobs where we clock in and clock out. Go to other halls, go to other buildings on campus, explore the city of Whitewater, or just get out of Whitewater altogether. Do something to get your mind off of the position and when you come back your floor will seem a lot brighter.
Best story so far: One night, I’m hanging out in my room and I happen to hear the duty RAs on my floor. This was the day of the Willie’s Fun House so one of the duty RAs were walking with a balloon rubber duck around his waist. So as I’m making room on my futon for them to take a seat one of my residents observes the duck and immediately asks the person to come inside his room. The RA kindly obliged and spoke to the resident, and while speaking to him the resident asks the RA if they would like a shot of alcohol for having such an awesome balloon animal. The RA kindly refused and walks into my room. He says “please tell me that that resident is of age.” I ask why and he tells me what happened. I responded with no one in that room is of age. So unfortunately the resident got documented, but till this day that has been my best story.