Willis Tower

Two and a half months ago, I took a spontaneous afternoon drive down to Chicago with a friend. After finding a place to park, we walked over to the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower) and took the elevator to the top. The Willis Tower Skydeck gives you a complete 360-degree overview of Chicago. You can step out onto a glass ledge and take photos that make it look like you’re floating above the city, and there’s also a gift shop where you can buy Willis Tower souvenirs. It was my very first time visiting this building, so naturally I was very excited to take some cool photos of Chicago from above. There was also an unexpected bonus: by the time my friend and I made it to the Skydeck, the sun was beginning to set. A bright golden light shone through the windows, leading to a beautiful pink and orange sunset (one of the photos has already been featured as the cover photo for my guide to smartphone photography). This post won’t have any specific photography tips and will just show some of the photos I took on the Skydeck that day (and the camera settings that were used).

View post on imgur.com

Shutter Speed: 1/250
F-stop: 5.6
ISO: 800

View post on imgur.com

Shutter Speed: 1/320
F-stop: 5.6
ISO: 3200

View post on imgur.com

Shutter Speed: 1/100
F-stop: 5.6
ISO: 200

View post on imgur.com

Shutter Speed: 1/640
F-stop: 5.6
ISO: 3200

View post on imgur.com

Shutter Speed: 1/400
F-stop: 5.6
ISO: 3200