Leadership Style

Factors Affecting Relationships - Videos & Lessons | Study.com

Democratic leadership is a type of leadership style in which members of the group take a more participative role in the decision-making process. Group members are encouraged to share ideas and opinions, even though the leader retains the final say over decisions. I believe that is style work better in situations where group members are skilled and eager to share their knowledge. It is also important to have plenty of time to allow people to contribute, develop a plan, and then vote on the best course of action. Those that use this style tend to really care about their team members and developed and emotional attachment. There are pros in using a democratic leadership style. It can be use for almost every business. It afford problem solving ability for troubling problem. It motivates an originalist environment. It help developed strong relationship between team members. We can add more but think I made my point on the pros. However, democratic style has its cons. It can foster bad feeling within the team. It can lead to procrastination and also take time come to and agreement on issuse. We can agree that this kind of leadership would not work in the army. I have work in industries that are fast moving paces and time is essential in the production. The steel mills, foundries, and plastics manufacturer. The time I spend working in the three industries I witness some real bad accident that were fatal. Hot steel, hot iron, and hot plastics does not provide time for delegation. Two business that I work went I was young that also has no time for hesitation. Working on a fishing boat and offshore oil well. Both paid good money but on a boat it is very easy to get caught in ropes or nets and next thing you know you end up in the Gulf Mexico lost and that is a lot of ocean to search. The oil rig is just dangers my dad was not happy that I was on an oil rig and he bug me to quit. I finally did and two days later a oil rig flip over and the whole crew was lost. Leadership is not always reasonable for the fatality but went it happens on your watches it hard to get a good night sleep.

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Democratic Leadership
If I stop we will go in circles may not get far but we will moving