What Types of Media Do I Like?

News has always been a big thing in recent United States history and it continues to be a growing industry in the evolution of technology. Now, news can reach the entire world within a couple of seconds pressing a button on a computer. Personally, I am not so interested in a lot of mainstream news. I never browse news sites online or read newspapers. Most of the news I consume is purely by accident.

When scrolling on apps such as TikTok and Instagram, random but personalized videos pop up on screen. That is the only way I find out about news unless someone tells me about some news they heard. But I do not go out actively searching for the most recent and up to date news such as the Channel 6 news. However, some news I am very interested in. Particularly news in my hobbies. I enjoy music, basketball and video games. So when some news in released about some new music dropping, a trade happening in the NBA or new information on an upcoming game to be released, I am very interested. However, I almost always find out through those social media apps. That is just the way I prefer it. It is more simple, in my opinion, to receive news that way. It is also more exciting as well as I never expect news to pop up on my timeline that I’m actually interested in.

Most of the time, I verify the information about news I receive on social media online. I look up the news, especially if the information seems false. However, there are exceptions. I trust certain people online with the information that they reveal. This is mainly because I have looked up news that I have received from them in the past. For example, with my podcast that I like to listen to, I have been listening to them for a long time. And one of the hosts has a YouTube channel that I have been watching for years. So I trust the information that they talk about. It honestly helps me stay up to date on all the current NBA news.

The reason why I am not so interested in national or international news most of the time is because I am of the mentality that there is nothing I can do about it anyway. I like to worry about things that I can control and not worry about things I can’t. While some people may say that it is my civil duty to know about current news, I simple do not agree. And it is my right to consume whatever news or media that I want.

About Aj Kober

Hi, my name is AJ Kober and welcome to my blog. Some of my hobbies include basketball, video games, and broadcasting.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.