The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare consists of six books: City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, and City of Heavenly Fire. In this six book series, the story takes place two hundred years after The Infernal Devices series, roughly 2005. The story follows Clary, a sixteen year old red head who goes out to this club, and starts seeing things that her best friend Simon can’t even see, such as a man being stabbed that turned out to be a demon. Clary is then taken to the Institute after her mother ends up missing. In the search of her mother, she discovers that she is not only a Shadowhunter, but her father is the evil Shadowhunter, Valentine. After finding her mother, Clary then must fight against her brother, Sebastian, before he turns all the Shadowhunters into his evil army.

Since I first read this series in 7th grade, I have fallen in love with Cassandra Clare and her writing. Whenever she puts out a new book, I must have it in my hands the day it comes out. Her books are always well written and always live up way past my expectations. I would recommend this book to those who enjoy her writing, who enjoys the Shadowhunters TV series, and who enjoyed the City of Bones movie.