Cooking for One- Fajita Chicken

I’m back again with “cooking for one” to share more of the easy, cheap, and healthy recipes I have discovered during my college years. The one I am going to share with you is one of my favorites because it really is so simple. Today’s recipe is Fajita Chicken. Here’s what you need:

• One Chicken Breast
  • 1 Bell Pepper, cut into strips
  • 1 Small Onion, cut into strips
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Olive Oil
  • Fajita Seasoning
  • Foil

Here’s the steps you’ll need to take:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. Place chicken breast on piece of foil

3. Season chicken with salt and pepper

4. Place strips of bell pepper and onion on top of chicken breast

5. Sprinkle fajita seasoning over top

6. Drizzle with olive oil

7. Wrap the foil around chicken, cook for 25-30 minutes

Total Calories: 299

chicken-fajitas

Again, this is a recipe I make often because most of the ingredients are already laying around my house, or can be used in another recipe. I really try to find recipes that have simple ingredients because that saves a lot at the grocery store. I originally found this recipe on a website designed for family cooking and the ingredients were just complex, and the cost of it was just out of my budget. So, I decided to modify that recipe so that I could cook this simple dinner any night of the week. I also cut out some ingredients that were high in calories. This is a recipe that is healthy but much more exciting than just a simple chicken breast and side. My favorite side to serve with this dinner is just a simple side salad or rice, but you can really serve with whatever you prefer.

Happy Eating,

Anne