Knit it yourself

Since it is still a little chilly outside wearing chunky knit scarfs is not only practical but also fashionable. Finding knit scarfs out in stores now is one way to get the look for less. Buying clothes that are starting to be out of season is a great way to get it way cheaper. Along with finding scarfs on clearance, you can also make it yourself. I taught myself how to knit and I have made a lot of scarfs. Plus it is a good gift idea for friends and family. I think a scarf is an easy way to add a little something to a look that otherwise would have been boring. Not to mention it is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. It is another DIY that you can put your own personal touch to it if desired.

What you will need to create the scarf: About two balls of yarn for about $3-5 and Knitting needles for $3. Both found at Walmart or Jo Anns. The beauty of making it yourself is that you can use any knitting needles or yarn you want. The thicker the yarn the more chunky it will be which is the way I like my scarfs to look.

As for direction for how to make the actual scarf I am more of a visual learner and I think it is easier to watch someone else knit rather then reading directions. Therefore below is the link to the video that helped me learn how to knit my scarfs.