Oct 27

Homerun to the Internet

th-4

It is baseball season and the World Series  just began. The series consists of the Cleveland Indians vs. Chicago Cubs. You are probably wondering what the World Series has to do with online journalism. This World series has had the biggest viewing since 2009 and they should be grateful because of the internet.  With the elevated attention to the World Series and the move to a larger potential audience on Fox, Game 1 audience represented a near-doubling of the 9.7 million viewers. (counting online and tv) Most of the sports channels that are on T.V. are now online so, people are able to watch where ever they are. Most viewers are young adults so they is also the reason of the spike in viewing. With the rise of online journalism we wouldn’t be able to watch or even read about what is going on in the game. If you dont have time to watch the game, you can check the scorig online which has helped tremendously through out the years. Go Warhawks! Go CUBS!!!!!

2 comments

2 Comments so far

1. Raquel Lampe October 29th, 2016 1:56 am

Angelic,

The anticipation I felt while reading your post hoping you were a cubs fan was extremely high. As I previously talked about on my blog, I am not much of a tv watcher, but I have definitely been watching all of the cubs games on FS1 and Fox. Aside from watching the game, I also get live twitter updates from the cubs page. I’m glad to see the spike in viewers and that the world series is gaining a lot of attention, because it definitely has mine.

Go cubs!

2. Caitlin Kirchner October 30th, 2016 4:16 am

I do find this to be the interesting part of social media. I know a lot about things I don’t normally care for, because of their popularity on social media platforms. I think it’s helpful in keeping everyone a little more well-rounded, and giving us more to talk about with our peers!