Oct 21

The Internet had gone Dark

th

Like any other Friday morning I sleep in but today I had to get up by 10 for errands and when I get up I check my social media accounts. My Facebook and Instagram were fine just like any other normal day but for some reason my Twitter didnt want to work. I think nothing of it and decide to check it later and it was fine 2 hrs later. Not thinking it was a big problem, boy was I wrong. There was an internet hack against the east coast of the US and parts of England. I found this by looking through my feedly and it directed me to CNN. I was shocked when I heard this because I didnt think it was possible to hack the internet. Some major sites that were effected were; Twitter, Netflix, Spotify, Reddit, Hulu, CNN, Fox News and many others. I think this is pretty important to us because our classes ad our future careers depend on having the use of the internet and if we dont have it, what are we supposed to do. Everything got fixed by 3pm but it is scary knowing someone is capable of doing this. Hope everyone is aware of what is happening around them. Have a great Homecoming weelend! Go Warhawks!

2 comments

2 Comments so far

1. Raquel Lampe October 23rd, 2016 7:08 am

Angelic,

I actually heard about this from a friend who texted me asking if my twitter was working. At first, I didn’t really think anything of it because twitter has gone down at random times prior to this one. After I learned that it was an internet hack, I was just as shocked. I haven’t heard about any information following the incident, such as what caused it, but an explanation as to why this happened would be helpful.

2. Dan Mahoney October 23rd, 2016 9:17 pm

I actually read a little bit about this and it said that the hack covered almost the whole east coast and a large portion of the mid-west which explains why twitter wasn’t working for us. But I didn’t realize how many websites were effected. I also agree that this is scary ,I never knew that one person or a group of people would be able to do something like that. It sounds like something out of a movie.