Oct 9

Fixing my other two Blogs

th

Hey world..hope everyone is having a great day and a great week. It has been busy for me but that is for another time. I just wanted to say congratulations to the UW-Whitewater football team on beating the Oshkosh Titans 17-14. Now on to the blog of the week. This week I fixed my past two blogs based on what learned from NewsU and the comments from my professor. The NewsU course this week was really interesting and it will help me in the future of my education and job experience. The NewsU course talked about a lot of stuff but the information I got the most out of was the hierarchy and the use of white space. The way I changed my past two blogs was the use of the hierarchy. My main title was good because it was at the top front and center but the problem I had was the picture to my main stories was at the bottom of the blog. So, I changed the placement of my blog to the beginning of my blog front and center. The reason I did this is because media/videos/pictures grab the attention of the reader and if I have it at the bottom the reader will surpass my story and just look at the picture. The media is the key to grabbing the readers attention. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. GO WARHAWKS!

2 comments

2 Comments so far

1. Brad Allen October 9th, 2016 4:31 pm

In response to your topic of the Warhawks vs. Titans football game, I’d just like to quick mention that Saturday’s game had the highest attendance in all of UW-W football history. There were over 17,000 people there.
    As for your blog changes, I agree with your decision to change the placement of your photos and other digital media. Having your photos moved to the top of your posts will indeed grab readers attention, and it will help guide them into the story through art. Nice job!

2. CHRISTOPHER FOWLER October 9th, 2016 7:58 pm

I really liked what you did in regards to your changes. Making the most of your white space and making sure the hierarchy is correct is so critical. You did a great job of that! I also can’t believe that Whitewater pulled it off! It was an incredible game and I was glad to be there to witness it! Go Warhawks!