Baseball

Baseball season is finally here, and today happens to be Opening Day for the Milwaukee Brewers. Although I’m not going to the game today, I’m hoping to make it to at least a few Brewers games this summer. I don’t have many Brewers photos of my own to share, but I do have some photos I took at the UWW baseball game I attended last school year. As usual, I will share the camera settings that were used for each photo along with some tips for taking baseball photos.

Shutter Speed: 1/800
F-stop: 6.3
ISO: 100

Shutter Speed: 1/800
F-stop: 6.3
ISO: 100

Shutter Speed: 1/800
F-stop: 6.3
ISO: 100

Shutter Speed: 1/800
F-stop: 5.6
ISO: 100

Baseball Photography Tips
Freezing the ball in action can be tricky, but it can be done with a high shutter speed. Be sure to also adjust your camera settings to work with the amount of natural light available. It was very bright and sunny on the day of this particular baseball game, so I had to use a high shutter speed and low ISO to make sure the photos were visible. Also, try to focus on different aspects of the baseball game besides the hitter, such as the pitcher or other players in the outfield (if possible). Move around if you can so your photos won’t all be taken from the exact same angle.

1 Comment on “Baseball