The UWW campus will hold a number of events to honor veterans & military service members during the week of Nov. 9-14, 2015:
- Wednesday, Nov. 11
- 11 a.m. Veteran Remembrance Ceremony, Musical performance by students and staff (UC Hamilton Room)
- 1 p.m. Reception for Road of the Warrior: Life of the Ho-Chunk Military Service exhibit with speaker Robert Mann, office manager for the Division of Veterans Affairs. The exhibit runs Nov. 9-20, 2015. (UC Roberta’s Art Gallery)
- 11am-3pm Free lunch for veterans and military service members (UC dining locations)
- Thursday, Nov. 12
- 9am-1pm Veterans and Military Service Members Resource Fair (UC Concourse)
- Noon-1pm Understanding and Destigmatizing PTSD in Veterans and Helping in the Classroom Setting: A LEARN Center Session for faculty & staff (UC room 259) – registration required
Presenters: Natalie Pitroski, Counselor UHCS; James J. Lickel, PhD, Middleton Memorial VA Hospital; Veteran Cody Robinson (Infantry Rifleman 101st Airborne Division, Majoring in Marketing)
- Saturday, Nov. 14
- 10am-noon Open House for Road of the Warrior: Life of the Ho-Chunk Military Service exhibit (UC Roberta’s Art Gallery)
- 2 pm Veterans Football Game Recognition, UW-Whitewater vs. UW-Stout — Up to 2 FREE Tickets per veteran can be picked up at Will Call (Perkins Stadium)
Anyone in need of special accommodations at the events should contact Richard Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources are also available from Andersen Library, including books such as Medicine bags and dog tags : American Indian veterans from colonial times to the second Iraq War (online), Creating a veteran-friendly campus: Strategies for transition and success (3rd-Floor Main Collection, LB2343 .N44 2009), Soldier girls: The battles of three women at home and at war (3rd-Floor Main Collection, UB418.W65 T56 2014), and Life after the military: A handbook for transitioning veterans (3rd-Floor Main Collection, UB357 .H55 2011). And of course, the Veterans and Service Members’ Lounge welcomes all campus veterans and service members!