We’ve made some helpful additions to our suite of research databases this summer:
- Data-Planet Statistical Datasets provides access to an extensive repository of standardized and structured statisical data. The repository contains more than 18.9 billion data points from more than 70 source organizations providing access to data presented in charts, maps, graphs, and table form. This database comes to us courtesy of UW-Madison’s subscription.
- ebrary Academic Complete Collection offers ebooks from trusted publishers in all academic subject areas as well as powerful research tools. Books may be checked out or downloaded to devices.
- Statista offers data on over 80,000 topics from over 18,000 sources. Categorized into 21 market sectors it provides users with direct access to quantitative data on media,business, finance, politics and a variety of other areas of interest or markets.
Of course, with cuts to the Library’s acquisitions budget, we also have to say goodbye to several other resources:
- EBSCO eBook Academic Collection was swapped for the ebrary product (above) which has similar content at a lower cost
- Journal Citation Reports was cancelled due to a high cost-per-use
- PrivCo was cancelled because we lost our campus funding partners
- Mosby’s Nursing Consult was a UW-Madison resource that was cancelled
For a complete list of the Library’s databases, see the Articles & Databases page.