Andersen Library will be closed Sat. Jan. 17-Mon. Jan. 19 (Winterim ends on Jan. 16th, and it’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday the 19th). Spring Semester hours will start on Tues., Jan. 20th, at 7:30 a.m.
Please plan ahead! Remember that even when the physical Library is closed, you can:
- Search the article databases (login when prompted with your campus Net-ID, same as for your campus email or D2L),
- Search for Andersen Library’s holdings of Books, Media and more (UW Whitewater) and use links to online titles, including ereserves for classes,
- Renew checked-out books, DVDs, etc. through your Account,
- Consult online guides for help, including citation guides for APA, MLA, and Turabian format, and course assignment guides, and
- Ask a librarian for help using email or chat (UWW librarians respond to the emails when the Library is open, but chat is covered 24/7 by non-UWW staff).
You can learn more about the MLK Day holiday online from the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change. In addition, UWW’s Martin Luther King Commemorative Event will take place on Wed., Jan. 28, at 3:30 p.m. in the UC Hamilton Room: Deuel Ross, staff fellow for the NAACP Legal Defense & Education Fund, will talk about the 1965 Voting Rights Act, enacted 50 years ago. Learn more about the history of this legislation at the web site of the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Dept. of Justice. Read the legislation (Public Law 89-110, aka Voting Rights Act of 1965) online.
Andersen Library is a federal and Wisconsin depository library with federal and state government documents on a variety of current and relevant issues available to you in various formats (print, DVD/CD-ROM, online). Check out your government at Andersen Library!