If you missed Josh Fox’s “Gasland” lecture at UW-Whitewater on October 1, don’t despair. The Andersen Library has two DVD copies of the event.
Bring your Hawkcard to the Andersen Library Circulation Desk and ask for “Gasland” as part of the College of Letters and Sciences Contemporary Issues Lecture Series. It is available for a 3-hour check-out for in-library-use only.
Andersen Library also has series lectures from previous semesters, including:
- Kayla Williams, “Love My Rifle More Than You: Young and Female in the U.S. Army” from February 6, 2012
- Marion Nestle, “Obesity Wars: The Food Industry vs. Public Health” from March 12, 2012
- Sonia Nazario, “Enrique’s Journey: The Story of a Boy’s Dangerous Odyssey to Reunite with his Mother” from November 11, 2011.
For a full list of lectures in the series perform a keyword search in HALCat for “College of Letters and Sciences”.
If the lecture series piques your interest you may wish to read or see more:
- Marion Nestle’s Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health (3rd floor Main Collection, TX360 .U6 N47 2007) or Safe Food: The Politics of Food Safety (3rd floor Main Collection, RA601 .N465 2010)
- Sonia Nazario’s Enrique’s Journey (3rd floor Main Collection, E184 .H66 N397 2007)
- Josh Fox’s film Gasland (1st floor Browsing Academic DVD Collection, TN881 .A1 G37 2010).