About me, the Spanish girl

My name is Yaiza. I know that you don’t probably know how to pronounce it right now, but that’s not important. I was born in the Canary Islands, Spain, and it is not to be presumed, but they are also called the Fortunate Islands. It is a privilege to have grown up in paradise with the best temperature all year, with more than 100 volcanoes, and with the best beaches. 

lanzarote-timanfaya_national_park-1112x630

I decided to move to Madrid, a city full of opportunities, to study the double degree in Journalism and Audiovisual Communication at the Carlos III University in Madrid. Thanks to my university, I am currently studying abroad at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater for a year. I decided to study Journalism and Communication because I like to cover many areas and because I consider that this world is full of lies and manipulation. It is time for journalists to start or begin, in the near future, to tell the truth. As a good Spanish journalist said: “You already know the news, now we will tell you the truth.”

logo-uc3m    Print

In this blog, you will find the weekly assignments that I will do for my Journalism for the Web class. At the moment I am just a journalist in construction wanting to travel the whole world, either in 80 days or for a lifetime.