My Christmas in Disney

Last year I spent the day after Christmas day in Disney World.

Let me explain.

My sister plays Cinderella in the Broadway touring musical Cinderella. Her tour was In Fort Lauderdale over Christmas. My family and I decided we wanted to go down and see her perform. My sister told us she had 3 free passes to Disney World from a friend who worked on a Disney Cruise Line. So, we decided to make a full day of Disney out of it.

We are excited about the day. However, we don’t know how these passes work. Most of the time when we go to Disney we have friends that let us in for free. But, sometimes when our friends let us in there are blackout dates for some parks. So, when we go to find out what kind of passes we have we are told in line that these passes work for ALL the parks. We are so happy! But, when we get to the front we ask the fellow taking passes and he says he thinks there are blackouts for Magic Kingdom and maybe Hollywood Studios. We are bummed out. So, we go and enjoy the Animal Kingdom. We decide to move to Epcot in the afternoon. While at Epcot we decide we are going to try to see if our passes work for Hollywood Studios. Once night falls we make our way to Hollywood Studios. We go through the line and amazingly our passes worked! This is when our night really gets amazing. After riding some of our favorite rides we decide to see if we can make it to see the holiday fireworks and once we get to the area the fireworks are taking place it starts snowing. Yes, you heard me right, snowing. It was amazing. We then decide to try our passes at Magic Kingdom. So, we hope on a monorail and make our way to Magic Kingdom. On our way we start getting nervous about the possibility of our passes not working. We make it all the way to the front and I put my magic band up to the sensor and boom, it turns green. I’m so happy I jump over the stroller in front of me. Both my brother and sister follow. We are so happy we are yelling and screaming and hugging each other. While this is happening the man with the stroller is yelling, “I see what you guys did. Next time I’ll be your full back.” This man obviously thought we had snuck into the park. But, we didn’t. It was an amazing ending to an amazing day at Disney World.

I can’t wait to go back.

Post a Comment